Designed to meet the needs of small to mid-size workgroups and Managed Document Services needs, the Canon imageRUNNER 1730 delivers high-quality print and copy output and color scanning and sending with available finishing capabilities that are easy for everyone in the office to use. Rather than having to choose between a single function printer and an MFP with features you don't need, the Canon imageRUNNER 1730 includes just the right mix of performance and productivity in a configuration that fits your needs. With excellent manageabilty, and high levels of consistency with other imageRUNNER models, the imageRUNNER 1730 is ideal for both single unit and fleet placements. The imageRUNNER 1730 delivers black and while print speeds of up to 32 ppm and scanning speeds of 32/32 ipm (BW/color, 300 dpi) for letter-sized documents. Offering standard UFR II LT printing, Color Send with PDF High Compression, a 550-sheet cassette, a large intuitive tilting LCD interface, and compact finishing options, the imageRUNNER 1730 system packs easy-to-use productivity into a new compact form that's increadibly easy to manage.
- The imageRUNNER 1730 employs the powerful imageCHIP LITE system architecture, consisting of a new CPU to speed up copy, print, fax, scan, and send functions. This architecture integrates the CPU and the image processing technologies onto a single chip, allowing for highly efficient processing of multiple functions simultaneously.
- A compact MFP supporting up to legal-sized paper, it features a smart, comfortable design and that enables the system to be placed in areas with limited space. The design allows for floor mounting or table top placement for maximum flexibility.
- Using an advanced Contact Image Sensor with an energy-efficient white LED array, the imageRUNNER 1730 delivers superior quality for copies and color scans. With a copy scanning resolution of up to 600x600 dpi and a native print resolution of 1200x1200 dpi, you benefit from the most faithful reproduction of text and images.
- With standard a 550-sheet paper cassette and a maximum paper capacity of 2,300 sheets, the imageRUNNER 1730 enables longer runs between paper fillups, allowing offices to be more productive.
- The imageRUNNER 1730 is ready to handle your office prints with UFR II LT printing and 10/100 Base-Tx Ethernet connectivity. Optional PCL 5e/6 and Postscript printing provides added flexibility to support your applications.
- Standard duplexing capability provides users with the ability to copy/print their documents on either one or two sides of paper, saving paper, toner, and energy. N-up printing and coping further reduces paper usage. The available compact finisher professionally staples up to 50 sheets for improve productivity in a small space.
- Documents up to 8.5" x 14" can be scanned in color or black and white at resolutions up to 600 x 600 dpi. These files then can be imported into TWAIN-compliant applications on the desktop through Canon's Color Network ScanGear software.
- In addition to Color Scanning, the standard Color Send technology gives users the ability to send their scanned documents directly to various destinations such as e-mail addresses, USB memory media, or even a particular folder on their network or computers. Includes support for PDF High Compression technology for efficient handling of color image data, and optional Searchable PDF technology to add OCR data to your scanned documents to make the most of them.
- When enabled, the standard User Authentication for Send Operations (AuSend) function helps to secure your environment by prompting users for their credentials before accessing the Send screen. AuSend also allows for send restrictions, such as Email to Self only.
- LDAP address book support allows for browsing the corporate address book for easier scan-and-send operations, while also reducing address book maintenance.
- The imageRUNNER 1730 gives IT managers control and helps drive cost out of operations with a variety of tools including the standard Remote User Interface, support for Canon's imageWARE Enterprise Management Console application, and Canon's Generic PCL6 driver to simplify driver deployment. The system also supports imageWARE Remote, Canon's eMaintenance solution.
- Designed with Canon's RAPID Fusing System to deliver exceptional image quality with less heat and energy to operate, while also allowing fast warm-up times.
- ID Card Copy mode provides a simple way to copy both sides of an ID card onto a single page.
- An optional Super G3 fax board delivers the ability to transmit faxes at impressive speeds, without the need for a separate fax machine.